Bid to host the 5th West Africa Internet Governance Forum is now CLOSED
Tuesday 1 November 2011
Who can submit a proposal? What are the criteria?
- Be a country within the West Africa Region
- The Government/ government agency be the focal point.
- Have a National IGF Process in place
- Have at least 3 national partners(list their names and contacts)
- List what the host country ,will offer to ensure a successful Forum
When will I know the result?
15th January 2012
Can one country host WAIGF twice?
So far, WAIGF has been hosted in:
- Anglophone West Africa
- Ghana (twice)
- Nigeria (once)
- Francophone West Africa
All countries within the region have equal chances to bid. Two countries can join forces and host as well.
When exactly is 5th WAIGF ?
Most preferably, before the Global IGF (November 2012), but the hosting country will give us the exact date.
When is the last date for sending your bid?
31st December 2011.